Ink and watercolor on paper, 11 x 14 in.
The Swiss pavilion won the Golden Lion national pavilion award for presenting “a compelling exhibition which was enjoyable while tackling the critical issues of scale in domestic space.”
Dating from 1617-1618, this mosaic on the upper level of the facade of the basilica of San Marco is made up of tesserae—small pieces of colored glass, stone, and enamel set in plaster.
“The most remarkable Renaissance palace on Murano.”
— Richard Goy, Venice: An Architectural Guide
The cupola of the Redentore is visible beyond San Giorgio Maggiore. The modest-looking piers in the foreground are used by the Marco Polo Boat Club. GPS: 45.433732, 12.345992
The Punta della Dogana is the pointy tip of the Dorsaduro where the Grand and Giudecca Canals meet. It is named for the dogana (Dogana di Mare), or…
The Palazzo Genovese, Palazo Benzon, Palazzo Salviati, Palazzo Barbaro, and Palazzo Dario make up one of the finest stretches of Venice’s Grand Canal.