“Honour commercio’s energy yet aid the linkless proud, the plurable with everybody.”
— Finnegans Wake
- Houghton Mifflin publisher resigns : Tough times
- Thomas Nelson lays off 10 percent of its workers : Yes, tough
- The failing book industry : Should we bail it out?
- The Death of the Middle : The so-called midlist includes most books published
- Saving imprints : Does anyone care?
- Masking out hair using alpha channels : Splitting hairs
- The Designer’s Review of Books : Via India Ink
- Holt Uncensored : She’s back
- “You won’t win on quick distribution, and you won’t win on price. Cyberspace has that covered. Go back to an old-fashioned idea: that a book, printed in ink on durable paper, acid-free for longevity, is a thing of beauty. Make it as well as you can. People want to cherish it.”
— James Gleick