|"Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things"|
1. "We don't want to go back to tomorrow, we want to go forward."
2. "Every once in a while, you let a word or phrase out and you want to catch it and bring it back. You can't do that. It's gone, gone forever."
3. "What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is."
4. "If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."
5. "We're going to have the best-educated American people in the world."
6. "A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer voters going to the polls."
7. "It isn't the pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water."
8. "I'm not, as they say, a potted plant."
9. "Hawaii has always been a very pivotal role in the Pacific. It is in the Pacific. It is a part of the United States that is an island."
10. "It's wonderful to be here in the great state of Chicago."
11. "Unfortunately, the people of Louisiana are not racists."
12. "I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix."
13. "I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have was that I didn't study latin harder in school so I could converse with those people."
14. "Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children. It's a unique profession."
15. "If you give a person a fish, they'll fish for a day. But if you train a person to fish, they'll fish for a lifetime."
16. "My friends, no matter how rough the road may be, we can and we will never, never surrender to what is right."
17. "I stand by all the misstatements that I've made."