Friday Roundup | Duly Quoted
If Folly link with Elegance no man knows which is which … – William Butler Yeats
- Fauxcabulary : It’s megagaltastic
- How to Say Nothing in 500 Words : A step-by-step guide
- Second-guessing Borges’s translation of Woolf : From a feminist pespective
- Radar launches : Geo-based aggregator
- Society of Authors lists top translations of past half century : We’re no. 36 (via Bibliobuli)
- The last man to discover the internet : You’ve heard of him
- Setting up a baseline grid : A worthwhile tutorial at Typophile
- Alcohol and linguistic abilities : Do spirits spur bilingualism?
- Typographic maps : Why not?
- “If you like what happened to the price of gasoline with two oilmen running the government,” Mrs. McCain said gleefully, “you’ll love what will happen to the price of beer with a beerwoman as first lady!… If we can do for beer what Bush and Cheney did for oil,” the wife of the GOP candidate calculates, “I would think a $30.00 six-pack could be within reach by our second year in office.” (Robert S. McElvaine)