Friday roundup | Duly quoted
“Every separation is a link.” — Simone Weil
- In celebration of the farmer poet : But no Wendell Berry?
- What’s on Bruce Springsteen’s Bookshelves? : Books, I’m guessing
- Don’t Work for Arseholes : Excellent advice from Derek Powazek
- Internet Famous Class : When your grade depends on getting famous
- Books and the web : Together at last?
- The poems of Barack Obama : “… caverns / Filled with apes / That eat figs …”
“Not in the history of mankind has the government ever created a job.” — RNC Chair Michael Steele
“One of my sons … was more interested in Alexander’s stilted delivery which paused. After. Every. Word. He wanted to know if Alexander had had a stroke.” — Ron Silliman