“Every separation is a link.” — Simone Weil
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt not acquiring titles? : This bodes ill
- Barnes & Noble reports net loss of $18.4 million in the third quarter : Good thing we still have all those independents to pick up the slack
- Robins Bookstore to close : Philly’s oldest independent
- Book tours face a bleak future : Hey, is there any good news?
- A worse publishing environment may be on the way : Enough already!
- Random House expands ebook offerings : Okay, that’s good, I guess
- The press release as news item : It’s common in book reviewing
- What is a rare book? : Via a Peacay comment
- Methods of whitening teeth in Photoshop : My preference: duplicate, adjust hue/saturation, mask, adjust opacity
- Sarah Palin for poet laureate : Don’t blame me, blame Julian Gough
- “Buying books would be a good thing if one could also buy the time to read them in: but as a rule the purchase of books is mistaken for the appropriation of their contents.” — Arthur Schopenhauer (courtesy El Blogador)