“Words do inspire, words do help people get involved, words do help members of Congress get into power so that they can be part of a coalition to deliver health-care reform, to deliver a bold energy policy. Don’t discount that power.” — Barack Obama
- High ceilings spur creative thinking, study finds : Think big
- Lolita at 62 : Still spunky
- Publishers to Bush on memoir: Don’t hurry : Silence is golden
- Harper Collins death spiral : Well deserved?
- List of L.A. Times departures : It’s not a short one
- The Politics of Grace (An Entreaty to Malaysia) : A Malaysian historian ponders the US election